
boo. that's waht i feel like should be said when sneekily posting for the first time after 4 months. every time i think of posting i just think i have too much stuff to write and not enough time to make it entertaining enough to read so i won't attempt to sum up my last 3 weeks of school or anything. My own resolution to write more i think has been slightly successful, though that means i've sent approximatley 2 letters. But honestly i will get a letter to everyone whose address i have before thanksgiving, hopefully.
For those who don't know i went home last weekend and therefore had a nice 4 hours in the car this weekend- all spent during wee hours of different mornings. This time has allowed me to have many revelations- none of which will probably come to everything, but i feel i must share because then it makes the little dreams just a little more concrete. The most significant of the revelations was the idea to become a childrens book writer. I havn't decided the strategy for the illustrations yet but i think i could develop quite the unique style- i can do quite a number with crayons anyways. One possible topic for the books would be great historical stories- told perhaps with animals, definitly at some point featuring a rabbit as abe lincoln. Why? you say. why not! children like bunnies.. and old presidents. it's perfect as well as educational and would allow me to research random stories that perhaps arn't always told.
in other not totally unrelated news middlebury college held a debate amongst vermont candidates for the u.s. house of reps last night which was quite interesting as well as entertaining. The following link has a video coverage of the evening's events, and well they make it sound lame you still get to see shots of mead chapel which is exciting and of my favorite candidate- dennis Morrisseau, i can not explain to you the amazingness of this guy. i'm probably not going to vote for him since i'm not sure how into the "impeach bush now" party i am, but he was quite cunning and eloquent. Coverage of VCFA House Debate
I must run to a crew meeting. fair thee well.
6 comments:
Hello...it was lovely to see you!
It's about time you updated
now all that's left is the leah blog....
So does this mean you are no longer "pre-med" or does this mean that you will be a children's book author as well as being a pediatrician.
Because it's cool to be both. Like I'm going to be a Librarian and a writer.
Cool. I want pictures of Abe Lincoln bunnies.
P.S. Laurel:
I will be posting the Pizza Palace thing on my Deviantart soon. I will post a link. I really take advantage of the "creative" bit of the "creative non-fiction." For example: I embelish a few details (like having us dance on our chairs as well as sing "Summer of '69"), I add a fake name for the geek lady (Mama Pizza), and I throw in a bit of dialogue. But it is all in evoking the proper emotions.
The whole election thing went by with little fanfare at Castleton, some people sang the national anthem on the steps of Woodruff but no one got up to watch...that might have been something else...
i'm still pre-med, worry not your pretty little heads. it's basically the only thing i think i'm sure of so i think i'll stick with it whether i end up going to med school or not
Post a Comment