Carole King: I Didn't Have Any Summer Romance
They're always writing songs, about a summer love that doesn't seem to last beyond the fall.
but i've a different reason for crying this season, the reason that can hurt you most of all.
i didn't have any summer romance.
nobody bothered to break my heart in two.
while others were fooled by the sweet words someone vowed
i was the one who made company a crowd.
i didn't walk down the beach in a trance
or listen to little white lies that sounded true
and no one could be as blue as i was in the fall
'cause i didn't have any summer romance at all
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And I didn't have any strawberry wine when I was 17.
And I don't know if it was Memphis, or you, or me, because no such summer southern nights resulted on back porch romance.
Post a Comment