Monday, October 01, 2007

Aunt Jemima

I saw an american food store today near the Hotel de Ville. Unlike most american food stores abroad that i've seen- this one did not seem to just specialize in large boxes of american cereal and various junkfood items such as cheetos- instead it had a very classy air to it. The store was called "Thanksgiving" and was situated on a very quiet lane with cobblestone paths. What it did have was an 8 euro box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix. Now I will say I do think Aunt Jemima can probably make some fine pancakes- and i understand that this had to be imported so therefore is more expensive- but honestly pancakes eight euros?? that's like fourteen dollars for one box of pancake mix. Pancakes consist of flour, salt, baking powder, eggs and milk. Last i checked cavier was not included in Aunt Jemima- therefore a box of pancake mix should for no reason cost 14 dollars- arg.

In revenge i know plan to search out the above ingredients next week and make myself some thouroughly non expensive pancakes- though probably with jam on top- i don't even want to know what a bottle of aunt jemima syrup would cost.

3 comments:

Myles said...

Silly question: do they have maple trees in France?

You could fund your tuition with illicit smuggling of maple syrup into the country.

Me said...

That is an excelent idea

GO ILLICIT SMUGGLING!!!!!

Leah said...

I was going to say, we should send you some maple syrup...remind you of home and all that!