To the Thawing Wind
Come with rain. O loud Southwester!
Bring the singer, bring the nester;
Give the buried flower a dream;
make the settled snowbank steam;
Find the brown beneath the white;
But whate'er you do tonight,
bath my window, make it flow,
Melt it as the ice will go;
Melt the glass and leave the sticks
Like a hermit's crucifix;
Burst into my narrow stall;
Swing the picture on the wall;
Run the rattling pages o'er;
Scatter poems on the floor;
Turn the poet out of door.
~Robert Frost
I found the poem appropriate as i begin my spring semester tomarrow morn. I wish i could say i return from febuary break relaxed and refreshed, but alas the truth is closer to windburnt and recovering from a fairly severe stomach flu- but beside the weather and my health my adventures to the big city were quite enjoyable. Next up: Organic chemistry II, Cellular and Molecular biology, improving your writing in french, and introduction to contemperary france. must go fold some laundry though- hope everyone is well :)
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YAY!!!! you wrote on your blog! I'm sorry you don't feel well, i'm sick too i went to a class this morning and then decided to go right back to bed. You're first day of the semester is today? I think i'm on my forth week. I knew i should have gone to a vermont school. anyway i'm happy you posted, keep it up :)
An update-- praise the lord! I am sick as well (It's a first few weeks back thing). Though my poor roommmate got bronchitis. It's so good to hear from you! I miss you like crazy-- really geeky crazy. I must show you firefly when we see eachother again. I think you would love it.
I'm going on break as of friday... but I will not be doing anything other then work, sleep and pray that this sore throat I have right now is nothing more then the lack of moisture in the air. hope you feel better and rest up for school.
I updated too! And I changed my blog-- check it out!
I just thought about it...Most people are in Vermont...Ashley and I are in Mass. and Jess is in NY. Sorry, Ashley...now I'm excited...I never really thought about it that I"m not by myself in this strange and new state! Hah! And Jenna is here too, though I only see her a little bit. : ( But I do see her. : )
honestly you got to cut down on the blogging, i can't keep up. Yes i'm interested in what you do with your life but you really don't need to give every detail. Honestly I can't read all these boring little details any longer. You better shape up lady or you'll never become a professional blogger
I second Ashley--- too many posts!
Post a Comment