Saturday, November 03, 2007

NMR

On crowded metro bus, standing next to girl and boy about same age as me speaking in english- though the girl had a strong french accent. Girl tells boy she's nervous about some test on monday. boy asks what the test is about- girl answers "spectroscopy". She's trying this spectroscopy that has to do with the electrons etc., but she doesn't know the english word- "NMR" I say- sort of random, since i'd been trying to pretend like i wasn't listening to them. But this was just too tempting to pass up- It's called "NMR" I repeat- oh yeah- NMR she says. The boy points out how amazing it is that someone on the bus just happened to know what they were talking about- I agree with the boy. Pretty amazing.

5 comments:

Myles said...

That is pretty amazing. I'm going to go look up NMR now.

Me said...

yeah coincidences!!!!

p.s. in place of that boyfriend next time just tell him that that information is classified and if you told him you'd have to kill him.

but a big scary boyfriend would help

Abby said...

This is amazing. The NMR machine!!!

Leah said...

That's really cool!

dale said...

Laurel
now I have to look up NMR - but before i do that I wanted to say I am enjoying your postings - and belated happy b-day to you! I am
sending best wishes from Montana
dale