Monday, February 20, 2006

yoodles (opposite of toodles?)


despair, inc.

Water polo is a really cool sport, i don't think i'd want to play on a team.. but maybe. I actually did ok i think for my first time and it was fun getting to finally know more people on the team. It's actually a little scary because the next few days tall men would talk to me and i couldn't remember who they were and finally realized they must have all been crew members who i couldn't recognize because they weren't swiming around in the water.

I read "peace" by aristophanes for greek and roman comedy (i will probably refer to this as "greek" in other posts but don't be confused i'm not taking greek, just a lit class). It's hilariously greek and raunchy with references to penis's being used as rudders and giant beetles named pegasus. I also finally finished The Last Battle so i've officially read the whole narnia series. dad was right they go downhill from lion, witch and the wardrobe. I love how extremely obvious the biblical references are. Mr. Bone could have a field day.

Winter carnival is friday. I just learned yesterday that a carnival is what they call a big ski meet. so winter carnival is when our ski team hosts the carnival but we get friday and saturday off. there are also activities such as the "ice show" and the winter carnival ball. we havn't exactly figured out what the other to-do's are but a day off of classes is enough for me.

Katie came to visit friday (hi katie) although many of you may have known that due to the extreme wallposting that went on on facebook last week. after finally finding each other katie was treated to the delights of Atwater dining hall, a middlebury men's hockey game and my all consuming past time of hanging out in my room with people. It's really funny when people come and visit because i tell the people here alot more than i tell you about them so they all know who you are and what school you go to and other things down to sports you played and clubs you were in, but i would be suprised if any of you knew more than a few of there names. If you're ever interested i could post a summary on ye old blog but i guess i always figured no one would really care.

Saturday i went to another hockey game and then helped clean up after with crew. I guess the school pays the club to do it so it's a sort of fundraiser. I learned a few valuable lessons: people are gross and the arena is big. then we went to Vagina Monologues at the student center (for further description see comment on sam's blog). sunday i sat in my room reading my chemistry text book (weee) and trying to figure out what deuturium was.

f.y.i. I'm planning on going home the weekend of the 10,11,12 to see my mom's play and see my brother while he's on spring break and because i won't be home for spring break.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I like the image of Mr. Bone having a field day...would it be a race to see who can most quickly extract all biblical references out of the whole series, or would it be a real race with the leader being awarded a book? I love Mr. Bone.

I feel loved...you talk about us more that you talk about them!!!

Me said...

Hi
Aside from getting lost on my way to finding you I had a wonderful time.
I'll see you around soon hopefully.
later (from Wells college)

Myles said...

Hi.