Wednesday, November 14, 2007

restless November

after re-reading this I realized i managed to spell blockaded- blocaded like 5 times- but this represents my current confusion between french spelling and english so i shall leave it to preserve the authenticity

so as i tried to sum up with the bbc article - France has lost it's mind. My school is currenlty being blocaded and the metro once again is on strike- same reason as last time: it's against raising the retirement agae of metro workers. But the school thing is because they're trying to let public universities recieve funds from private sources if they can- like U.S. public universities do- but a few people think this means they're going to privitize universities. Which honestly anyone who's ever seen my school would say might be a good idea- but apparently it's not a good idea, so i don't have class tomorrow.

My school just started today (Censier) but Tolbiac, where some other midd kids go has been blocaded for almost two weeks.

We finally had the french middlebury administration here come in and talk to us today about everything that was going on and there explination behind it was probably more honest, though less politically founded than the one given by the B.B.C- apparenlty november is just sort of cold and grey so everyone gets restless and no one want's to do work- so they go on strike. I guess this is what happens when you don't have thanksgiving break.

2 comments:

Myles said...

That's amazing. I wish somebody would try to privatize Castleton for the rest of the semester.

Me said...

I don't want that....I just want for research methods to be OVER!!!!

comment to the last line: LOL