
"Not that I want to be a god or a hero. Just to change into a tree, grow for ages, not hurt anyone." -Czeslaw Milosz
that quote reminded me alot of Jessica and how in 6th grade she wanted to grow up and live in a tree. Which is pretty much what she's doing living in aurora. But it also reminded me of roots, and how humans move so much. trees must have figured out something about how nice it is to just stay in one place. they seem to live much longer, stress free lives. Why is it that humans feel such a need to see everything, go everywhere. In Jane Austen's times we all had to go to london for a while, then it was Europe. Now we better make it to every continent before we die or we havn't lived. Not to mention space travel, poor monkeys.
On another note thanks for all the messages and birthday wishes. I'm working on getting some cool pictures into that frame leah and i use the early birthday present towel everyday when i wash my face. The little whale makes me smile!
I went to see the state championship football game, seeing as it was less than 5 minutes away i had no good excuse. Ashley was there! she tackled me when i wasn't looking, i was so suprised. But then i realized Billy was on the team, so it made sense. She seems to be doing great, enjoying school and all that. My company performance went well. My friends made me cupcakes for my birthday and lured me outside to blow out candles so we wouldn't repeat aiko's birthday incident. I finally watched Napolean Dynamite ("your mom goes to college") My family, including timmy and my grandparents came up to visit on satuday!
Harry potter comes out friday!!
4 comments:
I enjoyed your reflections!!
I can't wait till Thanksgiving break!!!
This Harry Potter that's coming out looks soooooo much better than the other ones. Dad is taking me (and possibly Katie) to see it on IMAX, I am so excited 'cause it will be my 1st IMAX movie
Anyway, I like your reflections too!!!!
I don't remember who was wondering this, it may have been you, I don't remember, but just incase it was you, the drama performances are Friday Dec 2nd, and Saturday Dec. 3rd
Mary
that was a little piece of tranquility in a blackhole, of work befor vacation.
see you tuesday.
oops, I missed your birthday. forgive me.
I've been completely absorbed the last few days with my new book. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment