Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Liberal Arts


*New pictures are up

I had my meeting today with the academic advisor so I had to choose classes for the semester. This was sort of a bizarre process due to the fact that I feel like for the first time in college- i guess ever in my life- my choices were all courses that I don't feel will ever be directly pertinent to anything I want to do. At midd i'm always taking a science class for Pre-med and in high school i really didn't have that many options anyways. So i'm now signed up for what will truly be a trustfall into the system of liberal arts- i mean if the spirit of liberal arts is sort of that learning of any sort expands your horizons and benifits you greater than the direct skill sort of learning of the technical types. My current course load will be something like this:

Middlebury
-French Language and Culture
-Art History of the 19th century

Paris III (Nouvelle Sorbonne)
Department of Cinema
-Analyse techinique de films
-Esthetique de l'image
-still have to choose between a film course in burlesque, hongkong, bollywood or woody allen- i'm currently leaning towards hongkong or Woody allen..

OH and it rained here for the first time yesterday.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Woody Allen might be interesting to study in Paris!! : )

Jess-Beast said...

I'd go with Hong Kong or Burlesque (the second's just to shake things up). ^_^

Leah said...

I personally don't like Woody Allen much I find him annoying...but I think his movies, and the fact that he plays the same person in each, might cause interesting academic discussion.

Myles said...

I love random classes! The only Woody Allen movie I saw was Sleeper and that was funny...would Hong Kong be about films about Hong Kong, like a Western Images thing or actual movies from Hong Kong?

Ashley said...

I think you should go with Burlesque, you need a little burlesque in your life. And your taking and art history!!!! I think that's very exciting, everyone should take art history.

SusannaMMMerrill said...

I'm confused. Why do you take so many film classes? Also, I'm currently sitting next to some Russian named Igor who made me move over to his table. Agh.