I finally found an online radio station which actually plays french songs- and amazing french adaptations of english songs- including "total eclipse of the heart" which i never really understood in english either. I hope this music is helping with prepositions and pronouns- We have an exam on those tomorrow. I feel like this is the millioneth exam of my life on prepositions and pronouns. Either way I've successfully spent more time today listening to this radio station than studying.
I hear it's the beginning of "fall" in the states- I don't know if the French have specific dates for these things but either way the rainy season has begun. There seems to be two seasons in Paris- summer and rain - so i guess the season has changed here too.
I had a great conversation with my host brother yesterday about the amazingness of american living room furniture- all in attendance were intrigued to hear about the "recliner"- this was apparently the host brother's favorite thing in America when he was there. People in France do not believe in sitting in comfortable positions on their couches - even in their own house. At least now I understand why the television in kept in my host parents room- i wouldn't want to watch television on the couch if i had to sit like that either.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No recliners! Barbarism!
The things we take for granted!!
Post a Comment