Yesterday I was a bystander to the most alarming parking attempt ever. This man was litterally bumping other cars out of the way in order to make enough space to squeeze his car into. He would go backwards, collide with the car behind and shove it a little and then repeat the same in the forward direction. I was horrified.
Last night I picknicked on the Champs de Mars- a grassy park stretching in front of the Eiffel Tower- which i now know glitters for 10 minutes out of every hour. I tried to take a picture but you can't take a picture of something glittering. This was fairly amazing but the picturesqueness was ruined slightly by the quantity of people trying to force you to buy Champagne from them and this one crazy man who kept talking to us in a mixture of French and English even though we insisted we didn't understand English. When he kept asking questions I told him my name was Emily and that I was from Sweden and could only understand Swedish and French. He didn't seem to know enough French to know the word for Sweden so this confused him enough to make him leave us alone.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LWH. (And you are a really talented writer!!!! I just read the little bit about the man who didn't know the word for Sweden in French to my roommate and she said you're talented!!!)
BWAHAHAHAAAAA! That's great! Please do that again some time.
Emily from Sweden-- that's perfect!
Haha, Emily. Is that a Swedish name?
no- it's a name i used to want to be called when i was about 10 years old. My swedish parents clearly have a thing for american names.
Something in me wishes that that man was Gustaf, a Swedish textile salesman from Stockholm.
Post a Comment